Public Health Program Director
Cardea is a national, women of color-led organization that provides social impact evaluation, policy advancement, capacity development, and professional learning services to health and human service organizations. Cardea envisions a world in which optimal health and well-being, equity, and justice are realities for all communities, and we address complex program, policy, and systems issues by co-creating solutions that center community strengths and wisdom.
The Public Health Program Director provides support to project teams and works collaboratively with other staff to manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and other organizational initiatives. This full-time, Texas-based position will report directly to the Chief Program Officer. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Austin area who will work a hybrid schedule (in office at least 2 days per week). Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status required.
Cardea offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision premiums for the employee with an employee cost-share; Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts; employer-paid life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; and a monthly stipend to support work-related internet and cell phone expenses. Cardea also provides 20 days of paid time off (PTO) per year in the first year of employment with annual PTO accrual increases through the sixth year of employment and 13 paid holidays.
The starting/hiring range is $80,000 – $85,000 annually.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Public Health Program Director” in the subject line.
- Manages capacity development and professional learning initiatives that advance Cardea’s mission, vision, and goals
- Serves as the program lead for a sexual health-related project funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services, managing the project according to scope, budget, timeline, and client expectations
- Designs, develops, and implements programs in a range of public health areas
- Leads/contributes to new business activities through networking and the development and preparation of proposals to public and private funders
- Works across teams and in a team-based environment to meet project goals and objectives
- Represents Cardea at relevant local, regional, and national meetings
Skills and Abilities
- A degree, or equivalent, in relevant field such as education, public health, or public administration with MEd, MPH, MSW, MPA, or MHSA preferred
- At least 5 years of project management experience that includes a proven track record of designing and implementing programs across diverse sectors and using diverse modalities
- At least 5 years of experience working in clinical settings; sexual health capacity development and professional learning experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with diverse constituencies including public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and other community groups and organizations
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely in writing and verbally with colleagues, clients, and program partners; strong oral and written communication skills are crucial.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally with overnight stays
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
Cardea is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.