Training Manager – Texas
Cardea is a national, women of color-led organization that provides social impact evaluation, policy advancement, capacity development, and professional learning services to health and human service organizations. Cardea envisions a world in which optimal health and well-being, equity, and justice are realities for all communities, and we address complex program, policy, and systems issues by co-creating solutions that center community strengths and wisdom.
The Training Manager works collaboratively with other staff to manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and other organizational initiatives. This full-time position will report directly to the Senior Training Manager. Candidates from Texas will be considered. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Austin area who are open to a hybrid work schedule. Hiring range for this position is $50,000 – $65,000. Cardea offers excellent health, time off and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please write “Training Manager” in the subject line.
- Manages professional learning and capacity development initiatives that advance Cardea’s mission, vision, and goals
- Designs, develops, and delivers learning experiences that best suit the content, client needs, and continuing education criteria (e.g., eLearning, virtual and in-person instructor-led trainings, blended learning options)
- Identifies and develops online and print resources to support professional learning and capacity development initiatives
- Assists with developing overall marketing plan for in-person/online meetings and events
- Contributes to reports for dissemination to funders and program partners
- Designs, develops, and delivers presentations at meetings and conferences
- Contributes to new business activities through networking and the development and preparation of proposals to public and private funders
- Works across teams and in a team-based environment to meet project goals and objectives
- Participates in local, regional, and national meetings, as requested by the Leadership Team and/or Director
Skills and Abilities
- A degree, or equivalent, in relevant field such as education, public health, public administration, or nonprofit management, with MEd, MPH, MSW, MPA, or MHSA preferred; CHWI with sexual, HIV, adolescent, and/or maternal health experience also preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating professional learning and capacity development activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with diverse constituencies including public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and other community groups and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and timely in writing and verbally with colleagues, clients, and program partners; strong oral and written communication skills are crucial.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Willingness and ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally with overnight stays
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
Cardea is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.