Training Manager – Central/Southern California
Cardea is a national, women of color-led organization that provides training, organizational development, and research and evaluation services to health and human service organizations. Our mission is to improve organizations’ abilities to deliver accessible, high quality, culturally proficient, and compassionate services to their clients. We envision communities where all people, especially those who have been most underserved, have equitable access to quality health and human services, and we believe that organizations thrive by integrating principles of equity and social justice into all aspects of their work.
The Training Manager works collaboratively with other staff to manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of projects and other organizational initiatives. While subject to change as projects and programs evolve, this position will primarily focus on our work with school districts across California to implement and institutionalize high quality sexuality education and other health-related initiatives. This is a full-time position based in the Central/Southern California region, and will require periodic travel to the Bay Area and Los Angeles, including about 10 weekends during the school year. This position reports directly to the Program Director. Salary range for this position is $60,000 – $80,000. Cardea offers excellent health, time off and retirement benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected]. Please write “Training Manager” in the subject line.
- Manages professional learning and capacity development initiatives that advance Cardea’s mission, vision, and goals
- Designs, develops, and delivers learning experiences that best suit the content, client needs, and continuing education criteria (e.g., eLearning, virtual and in-person instructor-led trainings, blended learning options)
- Identifies and develops online and print resources to support professional learning and capacity development initiatives
- Assists with developing overall marketing plan for in-person/online meetings and events
- Contributes to reports for dissemination to funders and program partners
- Designs, develops, and delivers presentations at meetings and conferences
- Contributes to new business activities through networking and the development and preparation of proposals to public and private funders
- Works across teams and in a team-based environment to meet project goals and objectives
- Participates in local, regional, and national meetings, as requested by the Leadership Team and/or Director
Skills and Abilities
- A degree, or equivalent, in relevant field such as education, public health, public administration, or nonprofit management, with MEd, MPH, MSW, MPA, or MHSA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating professional learning and capacity development activities
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with diverse constituencies including public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and other community groups and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and timely in writing and verbally with colleagues, clients, and program partners; strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and ongoing duties
- Willingness and ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally with overnight stays
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
Cardea is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.